Friday 2 November 2012

Need a Hand?


For my old man character I'm sculpting some long, creepy, wrinkly and tired looking hands.
When I heard my sound clip, in my head I instantly saw these very expressive long fingers making really nice poses and gestures, so that's what I'm going to try and re-create.  :D

Here's what I got so far...  

First I made a simple wire armature for a hand using the thin aluminium wire seen above,
 I then sculpt around it, making a simple hand shape in 'Super Sculpey Firm' 

 One Finger done! 


IF YA LIKE IT THEN YA SHOULD HAVE PUT A RING ON IT
 All the fingers and thumb done, needs a bit more work on the knuckles but I'm happy with it at the moment :)



 Dodgey Pictures of front and back of my hand sculpt



To make this hand, I mainly used a rounded file and a little Poundland knife.

Saving money on sculpting tools since 1993


Feet and Head in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment